Pages

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Broken Open


"...It feels so strange to feel good.
When I was the fire, You were the wood;
When I was petrified, You understood.
I have been broken open.
This was not my master plan.
I was comfortable watching from the stands,
I've been broken open.

All my edges are exposed;
I was once content alone.
Now You are the one that I call home.
I've been broken open."
-Cold War Kids "Broken Open"

Sometimes I wonder how I once lived my life not recognizing the joy of my salvation. When I look at the gospel and I realize what my Savior did, how can I not be filled with immense joy that my Father saved me from death and destruction? He is the joy of my salvation. And when realizing this, why would I ever be afraid to proclaim His name when there are people out there, completely blind to the truth, just waiting to hear the truth of the gospel; the truth of who Jesus really is? I feel a new passion inside of me from this past week. The Lord has taken me on a wild journey of growing together in a deeper relationship. But sometimes, it is so easy to get caught up in our day to day business and to lose sight of the passion that once had gripped us.

We had the privilege of having Tom Osterhus speak in our DTS this week about Biblical Overview. He is a man that truly carries a passion and hunger for the Word of God. I have been blown away by the response from our school of how hungry they are for the Word now. But how can you not be when it contains every answer to every problem? Through the bible, we obtain our worldview. Nothing this world has to offer can shake us when we are grounded in the Word. A passion for the Word will lead us to worshiping our Creator, which will lead to Revival and Reformation in the nations!

It is all about Him...He is so worthy of our praise. It is hard to explain, but I feel like I have been broken open; almost as if I just can't sit on the sidelines anymore...this passion has consumed to continue to know the Lord deeper and to make Him known more extravagantly. Who am I to worry or fear when my Father has saved me and wants to use me, even in my weaknesses and incapabilities, to reach those who are blind, yet eager to know the truth!
Jesus...awaken my soul to a deeper hunger for You in my life and in the nations!
You are worth it all!

I head out to Iceland with my team at the end of March! Everything is coming together, and it is so exciting. Thank you all for your prayers and support! I am still in need of some monthly support to be able to go on this trip. If you could, please continue to pray for the outreach and that everything will just fall into place. Also, if you would, please pray about partnering with me and the call of missions on my life. If you feel led to help support me financially, just click the "information" tab above. It would be a tremendous blessing. And if you want to find out more about our trip to Iceland, just click the "iceland" tab above!

Thank you all!

-Daniel
--York

3 comments:

  1. WOW! Daniel this is amazing! I am so excited for you! I want to be broken open again.. It is so easy to fall into the pattern of normal life.. But much inspiration I have found in your words.. Continue running hard after the Lord!
    :) Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daniel, this is so awesome. It's amazing to see what God's doing in you and through you. I know Iceland's gonna open up even more. I love you man, you're in our daily prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that poem.. It totally speaks to my heart! It moved me... And I love what you said about a passion for the Word will lead us to worshipping our Creator, which will lead to Revival and Reformation in the nations!! Amen!

    ReplyDelete