Pages

Monday, December 21, 2009

Departing

As most of you may know by now, within the next couple weeks, I am heading out to Kona, Hawaii for roughly six months for a school called YWAM (youth with a mission). It is crazy to think that the time is almost here for me to depart. As I think about all the things I need to do and all of the finances I need to raise, I am comforted by the fact that I know this is what I am supposed to be doing. This fact also gets me so stoked for new adventures and lessons to be learned along the way.
I feel like I have been specifically tested these past few weeks with the idea of fear and worry. There is no need for me to worry or fear when knowing that I am in God's will. But I feel also that the devil tries to find any sort of foothold to try and prevent the work of God from being carried out. One thing I look forward to as well is the fact of going to Hawaii with no worries or the idea of nothing to hold on to while I am out there. This especially is what I feel like is also being attacked. So many things have come up these past couple days/weeks that just seems like the worst timing. New friendships, my family being home, work and the family I have connected with there, and others. All these things seem to have caught my attention more so now than before, but I believe that again, if this is what I am supposed to do, that this must be the devil trying to drop my guard. Yet, I am satisfied in knowing that my God is bigger, and my next step in life is to attend this school and experience Him like I never have before.
I am going to miss you guys, but I know that I will see you again and that I will have stories to share. Thanks for all your prayers and support. I look forward to hear stories about what is happening back where you are too! Well...tune in. Peace!

-Daniel

4 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you Daniel.
    I know that God has so many amazing things planned for you in Kona.
    You will be in my prayers and I can't wait to hear about your experience.
    These next six months are going to be ridiculously awesome.
    Get ready.
    :)

    Love,
    Makayla

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the spirit, bro. I'm so excited for you, and will definitely be checking in often. Love the picture too, that's some serious suffering for Christ right there ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be the time of your life. Soak it all in...God's going to do some crazy stuff!

    I'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heh hem. How bout an update man?? I'm impatient when it comes to what the Lord is doing!! Haha :) Anyway, I was listening to some good ol' Oh, Sleeper and thought of you. How's it going out there?! Can't wait to hear about the ways the Lord is moving in your life and how he's gonna rock the house down! Hit me up on skype sometime. Praying lots for you! Talk to you soon man. Vaya con Dios! :)

    ReplyDelete