Pages

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

We Be Talkin Bout LIfe

God has an awesome sense of humor when putting me with roommates from Norway, Sweden, Alaska, Canada, Michigan, and Korea, especially the particular ones that he placed me with. Leif and Andreas are from Norway and are hilarious, awesome dudes. Jon is from Sweden and acts like a mega tourist. These three guys speak in a Scandinavian language that is super hard to understand, but makes this experience all the more interesting. Jae Lee is from Alaska and translates for our English as a Second Language student, Hwa Yong from South Korea. He is such a man of God, but I can't understand a word he says, which is awesome. Joel from Michigan and Mario from Canada are the only guys in my school in my room. These guys are awesome to hang with and am blessed by their encouraging attitudes.
Andy Byrd, my school leader, has been speaking for my classes this week. His teachings move me in amazing ways. His first talk was on the pure love of God, and how real and pure it truly is. No love can even compare to the love that God has for us. It has been amazing living not off the foundation of a striving love for Christ, but living off of a foundation of His absolutely pure love for us, which will indefinitely have me longing to love him as equally as great, which is impossible. I have been seeing how over 37 nations are represented and how all of us live in this community of love, based on God's love for us.
Kona is an absolutely beautiful island. I have fallen in love with the ocean (who wouldn't?), palm trees, and pineapples. I have been moved by the awesome creation that is right in front of me. The leaders and staff for my school are all truly amazing. We found out our outreach options today, which is exciting. The possibilities are Afghanistan, China/Japan, Europe, US along the East Coast, Guam/New Zealand, and possibly Haiti. We will find out for sure where we go on Friday, so I will keep you posted.
In the famous words of Jay-Z, "We Be Talkin' Bout Life". And that is truly what we have been discussing these past few days. Life based on the foundation of a truer love than anything ever experienced. We are living in a Daniel generation: strictly living a posture of intimate revelation with God and his love. If this doesn't make sense...I would be more than happy to elaborate more about what I have been learning here with you. It is crazy to think that this teaching was only the first day.

6 comments:

  1. DANIEL!
    I AM SO STOKED FOR YOU! I'm so glad things are going so great. I'll keep on praying for you. AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH! Yaaay! Can't wait to hear where you will go for your outreach. Wherever it is, it'll be awesome! Where is the base located in Kona?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. This is going to be sawwweeeet! Can't wait to hear where your outreach is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I just posted something the other day and told you to update this, so sweetness :) And dude... can I just throw something crazy at you? It seems like the Lord is speaking his absolutely pure and indescribable love into me as well, even here in good ol' Ohio. It's so great that the Lord moves no matter where you are! So great to hear the ways the Lord is already rockin' the house for you; and I can't wait to hear more stories. God Bless you man. Ttys :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Im Mario's mum and since Mario isnt blogging I hope you dont mind me checking out your blog from time to time..God bless you guys and Im praying for the whole lot of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! How awesome, Daniel!!! It's so cool hearing you are learning so much already! Wherever you go for your outreach is going to be so radical! I cannot wait to hear where that will be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Daniel,
    WOW man!! this is so awesome!!! i am so glad to hear about whats happening!
    haha we just got back from retreat, which was amazing! and God is doing great things for us back here in the 303! Well God bless you brother! i can't wait to hear about everything you'll be doing these next few months! Be safe out there!
    -niKe

    ReplyDelete