Pages

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Prague Star

"God is my witness that the things charged against me I never preached. In the same truth of the Gospel which I have written, taught, and preached, drawing upon the sayings and positions of the holy doctors, I am ready to die today." -John Huss, right before he was executed.

As of right now, I am located in Prague, Czech Republic. My outreach team and I have been able to be here for a short week, but within this week, so much fruit has been produced. When we first got to Prague, everything I had imagined it would be was shot down. It wasn't that beautiful of a city. It was gray, cloudy, rainy, dirty, etc. Some buildings had color to it, but in general, there was no real outstanding beauty to this city where we were staying. But for some reason, I still loved it. It might have been because I have just been expectance about what our team was going to do here and what the Lord was going to do through us.

I must say though, the general impression that my team got from this place was 'awkwardness'. So many funny things have happened to us on this trip. One of the bunk beds was taken out of the girls' room unexpectedly, we got lost trying to go to a laundromat that was right next to us the whole time, guys in our hotel have walked around in their undies randomly, and so on and so forth. But we have had such a blast. Our hosts here, Roger and Robin, are some of the most genuine people we have met and we have had such an awesome time being encouraged by them and them being encouraged by us.

One day, our team was able to go through the inner city and check out the beautiful parts of Prague. It was amazing. Everyone on our team changed their mind about Prague when they saw the city center because of how beautiful it was. Everything we saw was so colorful and detailed, such as the Prague Castle and John Huss' church. We were able to go inside John Huss' church, a former revivalist here in the Czech Republic, and all of us were truly inspired. We really felt that the wells of revival were going to be opened up here once again in an even bigger way than when John Huss was here. Revival is a reality. We don't have to live off of stories such as John Huss'. His story is most definitely one to look at and be encouraged by. But we as believers and followers of Jesus Christ can see revival in the nations today. It is a reality more than we think it is.

On tuesday night, we partook in a 24 hour Burn. It was so significant though because all of the outreach teams across the world from our school also partook in it at the same time. We went through the night and all the way until wednesday night, finding such breakthrough and believing that the power of prayer is going to change this city of Prague. It has been a short week for sure, but I feel so alive here, knowing that the wells of revival can be sprung up here and around the nations in this generation.

I wrote and update on facebook, so maybe some of you know this, but I have decided to take a secondary school in Kona in July. The school I am apart of now is called Fire and Fragrance. In July, there is a phase 2 to Fire and Fragrance. I felt here in Prague that I want to dive in so much deeper in what the Lord has done in me and what He is doing now...and in by doing phase 2, I would be able to do another 6 months of in depth training to what I have learned and am learning. I have been in prayer a lot about this and feel that this is the best next step for me. I have wanted to go home to see a lot of you guys again, but I think being able to devote a whole year to training and consecrating myself before the Lord is going to be so worth it. This means though that I am going to be needing around $10,000 for the whole amount of the school that I am going to be doing in July. I need a starting $1,000 by July 8th, and then the rest throughout the next few months. If it is God's will, it is God's bill...
If you guys could pray with me and if you feel led to help support me at all, that would be most awesome and it would mean so much to me. You can contact me on facebook or even comment on this blog if you are interested and feel led to help support me financially. Or you can email me at The.Daniel.York@gmail.com.

I love you guys and I am so thankful for all your support thus far. Next stop, Herrnhut, Germany!

-Daniel
--York

3 comments:

  1. I am so so so so excited for you! You will be in my prayers and i will keep you posted on my trip! I still hope I can see you before we both leave. But I'm really proud of you!
    Lots of love!
    Makayla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daniel! Wow... 6 more months! Daniel, that's so amazing. God is going to blow you away this year. I am so excited for you! I love you, my brother in our AMAZING LORD!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daniel..so great! I will, however, selfishly say that it will be a bummer not seeing you at Awaken! but man.... I'm so glad you know what your next step is. I am and will continue to be praying as you go for Him and ignite the revival that is, as you said, a reality! God Bless!! :)

    ReplyDelete