Pages

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Looking at the Invisible Man

At last, I have arrived in Berlin, Germany. Sorry for the late update, but here you go:

Berlin is a mystery to me. I find myself noticing the various ranges of art and creativity present here, whether visible or not. Graffiti seems to line almost every single building, even the old, glamorous ones - which I, in fact, think is pretty radical. It is a demonstration of the old and the new; what has happened in this city, and what is happening now in this city. In noticing this, I begin to feel the sense of not only creativity, but a spirit of apathy over this city. The people here are much friendlier than the ones in Amsterdam, but they tend not to show it much. I sense that almost with the destructive history, the Germans seem to ignore what has happened. This can be good or bad. But reality is also something that everyone has to deal with. I say this more in the fact that the people here need to learn how to become themselves and to live out who they are.
Personally for me, that is precisely what has been going through my mind since being here. Most of you know that I am here with 14 other people, so comparison, striving, pride, and rejection can sometimes force their way in to try and destroy that which has been set on a solid rock. I have been constantly reminded by the Lord who I am in Him. Not that I will ever fully understand it, but there is a necessity of knowing the way the Lord looks at you in the midst of everything going on, for that is what will be most powerful in your encounters with other believers or none believers.

It is out of the intimate times with Him that He personally begins to speak to us His heart. For me, that is what fills me up, refreshes me, then boosts me in to new realms of His glory.

This probably isn't making too much sense, but I guess for this time in my life, I am really understanding the power of the way that God made me. Intimacy with the Lord is really what allows me to understand this too. Anyone can give me affirmation or an encouraging word, and it is awesome, but there is something so special about the Lord speaking to me directly about His heart for me and His people.

"Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change. Of his own will he brought us forth by the word of truth that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures." ~James 1:16-18

Those are just a couple of my thoughts since being here. Just though I would share them with you! As far as ministry in Berlin goes, we started off our time here with a Burn (24 hours of prayer and worship). We didn't do the whole 24 hours, but we did get to lead a 2 hour set, and that was awesome. We have done some ministry here and there. My favorite time was when we just sat in a Subway that goes in a big circle around Berlin and we just simply played worship for all to hear. It was such a joyous time.
I have big expectations here. I know the Lord is going to do a lot and I can't wait to tell you all about it!

-Daniel
--York

2 comments:

  1. Man, great stuff Daniel. I've been feeling much the same way! It is SO important for us see ourselves the way that God sees us in order that we might experience his joy to the fullest. Prayin' for you, God Bless you this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I really needed to hear that just now. Thanks for sharing your heart :)

    ReplyDelete