Pages

Friday, June 4, 2010

Baguettes, Medieval, and Jesus

Bonjour from France.
Sorry for the long awaited update.
I am now in the last week of outreach and it seems so surreal to me that this 2 and a half month long outreach is coming to an end. Switzerland was awesome and France is just as amazing. Our ministry has been so awesome out here and we are having such a fun time together as a team.
France really doesn't seem like another country. I just feel like I am in another state, aside from the language barrier and the 2000 year old village that my team is living in. The weather has been super nice, and the baguettes and crepes are really awesome. The house that we are staying in is 200 years old. We arrived and everyone who had allergies went insane due to all the dust and dirt covering the floors of our building. Tons of spiders and mosquitos, and even more cobwebs. Pretty disgusting. So we took a day to clean. It still is pretty filthy, but a lot more bearable. Our town that we live in is an old medieval town, which I will have pictures up soon.

Aside from that, France has been a crazy experience. I believe that since is our last stop for outreach that the enemy is most definitely trying to attack our team. We know that the Lord is going to do some amazing things out here in our team and in France, but in saying that, we become more of a threat to the enemy.

As this final week is coming up, we have already experienced so much breakthrough and are pressing in, knowing that we are saved by grace and we can do anything through Christ. We are expecting even more breakthrough and more of the Holy Spirit in our lives.

I am not sure if you guys checked out my last update video that I made over a week ago, but it explains all my upcoming plans after this outreach. You can check it out in the previous post right below this one. I am still in need of financial support. My school will probably be around $10,000 overall, but I need at least the first $1,000 in by July 8th. I know the Lord will provide, but if you feel led at all to help support me financially, that would be such a blessing. Thanks for all your prayers and support! I will see you guys soon!

Much love,

-Daniel
--York

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe that 6 months is already gone that fast!!!! Gosh! Daniel...I'm not going to see you until you get back from phase 2. :( That's reallly sad! I'll be praying for you for sure!

    ReplyDelete