Pages

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Seagulls

I lived in the sea,
An empire heaved from blameless armies.
Surrounded by deep,
Radiating waves of silent sleep.

Hushed groans fabricate holes into the dark,
Forgetful remarks.
This careless life wasn't proposed for waste.
Hope in thoughtful taste.

As I start to swim
Towards the heavens to find more within,
I admit the light,
With this darkness, was endearing the fight.

There is something more than this entrapment.
No more to lament.
I see the light that was here all along,
Beckoning my song.

Forgetting the gloom,
Redeeming the sight of all that was doomed.
The bars were unlocked,
Leaving my foes in their remorse and shock.

Radiating waves of silent sleep,
Surrounded by deep.
An empire heaved from blameless armies,
I lived in the sea.

(The Ocean's Empire by Daniel York)

Well friends and family, these past 6 months have stormed by;
and by 'stormed', I mean that pretty literally.
It has been a crazy season of ups and downs, ins and outs,
which initially ended up me desiring the Lord in my life all the more.
It is hard for me to process all that the Lord has done
in this past season of my life,
but it has been nothing but extraordinary.
I know that overall, at this point in my life,
I am not even close to where I want to be,
which is actually a blessing.
It just means that this next season coming up in my life
is going to be more radical in finding out who I am;
in finding out who the Lord is even more;
in finding out the destiny that has been set before me.

This next school that I am attending starts July 8th.
I am still in need of around $9,000-10,000.
But by July 8th, I need around $500
just to make sure I can attend school.
If I do not obtain the $500 by then, I cannot go.
But I know the Lord will provide.
"If it is God's will, it is God's bill".
If you feel led to help support me financially,
that would be absolutely amazing.
You can contact me at
the.daniel.york@gmail.com or on my facebook.

I just want to thank you all
who have supported me these past 6 months.
It has been the most radical 6 months I have experienced
and I couldn't have done it without your prayers and support.
so...Thank you, Thank you very much.

And let's do it again.

-Daniel
--York


2 comments:

  1. I always love your writing, Daniel! I'll be praying for you as you raise money for phase 2! Let God's will be done! Miss you, hope you have a good time at home before you go off again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff Daniel, you are so creative and authentic!

    ReplyDelete