Pages

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Gnaw Ledge


"Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in Your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' Then I will tell them plainly,
'I never knew you...'" -Matthew 7:22-23

As I was walking down the streets of Boston, I found myself pondering upon the purpose of ministry and the purpose of our outreach. It was normal for me to want to see fruit, to see people healed and restored, to see salvations, and to see signs and wonders. I longed to see the fruit of our ministry. But the Lord during this time has been stirring in my heart a pure longing to know Him more...and that was it: we are to fall more and more in love with the Lord in the pursuit of the knowledge of Him.
Out of the place of seeking after the knowledge of the Lord, signs and wonders will begin to go forth, but it is only because we long to see the glory of the Lord go forth as well, not because our own benefits. It is so easy for us to seek the spiritual gifts and to seek signs and wonders, but we need to understand that if we do not know who the Lord is, all we our doing is seeking after our own glory, not the Lord's. Signs and wonders are obviously things we should want to see, but it should come out of the overflowing of the heart from the knowledge of who the Lord truly is.
The Lord is so faithful and loving. He desires to be alone with us and for His glory to go forth into the earth. Oh, that the Lamb would receive the reward of His suffering!

I am currently in New Jersey, and I am so stoked for what the Lord is going to do here. We are partnering with a house of prayer down here called The Resting Place. It is going to be an awesome time of raw worship and pursuit of and even more intimate relationship with the Lord. We are expectant as a team for the Lord's sovereignty to go among us. Thank you guys for all your prayer and support his far. I am currently in need of a lot of money for the Israel portion of my outreach. If you want to learn more about that and how to donate, click the "East Coast/Israel" tab up top!
Thanks guys!

-Daniel
--York

3 comments:

  1. Yes. That's so what I have been thinking obout!! Just seeking the Lord, not His wonders. They are awesome, but they will come in HIS time! Well put Daniel. Praying for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liked how you said that its not about winning souls, but rather pursuing His glory. God does all of it and we are only His vessels! Praying that your love for God overflows to others and the Holy Spirit works on the heart of others!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen .... As many as touched HIM were made whole. It's all about Touching Jesus and Knowing Him!!! Great reminder Daniel. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete