Pages

Sunday, October 24, 2010

A Journey Across the Sun


I am sitting here inside a small computer lab trying to receive enough internet reception to be able to write and post this blog. As I am sitting here, I am blown away just thinking about the world and where we are at in this generation. Technology is absolutely incredible, but I thought we would at least have hover cars like the movies said we would. Still, everything seems to be at the palm of our hands. But the thing that boggles my mind is that in the end, everything that people have invested so much time in and have hyped up so much will be gone.
Everything is meaningless under the sun.
I am not saying that owning the latest technology or being fascinated with the such is a bad thing, but as soon as we place those things as a higher priority than seeking in the word for the pursuit of our first Love, we have lost the any motivation for the purpose of life. I am learning more and more everyday the challenges, the beauty, and the joy that is involved in the secret place with Jesus, away from all distractions, just gazing into His beauty. Nothing else will satisfy quite like He does.
We need to get over the sun.
I am currently in Harrisburg, heading out in the next couple days to Ohio! We have had amazing time out here partnering with the Fire and Fragrance YWAM base out here. We have had the opportunity to minister to them, and it has been so much fun just being around family. We only have a few weeks until we head out to Israel, which is so crazy. I personally still need some breakthrough with finances to be able to make the whole thing possible. As of right now, I need around $1,100 for the rest of my finances. Thanks so much for all your prayers so far. Seriously, it has blessed me immensely. And if you would, continue to partner with me in prayer. That would bless me more than you will know. But if you do feel led to help support me, click the "East Coast/Israel" tab above for details on how to do that!
Thanks!

-Daniel
--York

No comments:

Post a Comment