Pages

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Bless


After around 30 hours of flight time and around 15+ hours worth of layovers, I have finally arrived in the nation of Iceland. I got here 2 days before the rest of my team so that I am able to scout out the land so that when the team gets here, we can all hit the ground running. It has been cold and rainy, sort of lonely, and jet-lag has not been my friend since I have been here, but it already has become one of my favorite places I have already been.

In the times that I have had alone, the Lord has met me powerfully. Every part of my day, it was just me and Him. I could either choose to recognize my loneliness, or choose to recognize the fact that my Father is with me, and my everyday life can be truly walked out with Him. He has so clearly spoken to me about many different things. I feel like my dream life has really come alive, and it just seems really easy to hear His voice, when that is the only thing I can even rely on!

My team finally arrived after being here for two days, and it is amazing to have them all here! We are so excited to just start running, even though we really don't know what we are running into yet. The YWAM base out here is amazing. The people are so hospitable and welcoming. We love it here already.

How often do you get to say you are pioneering something new? That you are setting the foundations of something larger to come? We know the Lord has so sovereignly brought us together here in this specific nation for something larger than we can probably comprehend. Although in all its uncertainty, we know our God is faithful and He will show that to us in this time. That may be the thing I am most excited to see!

Iceland: Where the fire of God meets the land of ice. Jesus, captivate your people!

Thank you all for your prayers and support. Outreach has just begun, and it is going to be a wild ride!

-Daniel
--York

2 comments: