Pages

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Deepening


When I was around 4, I gave my life to the Lord strictly out of fear of going to hell, even though I didn't have any idea of what hell really was. Throughout my life, I constantly gave my life to the Lord over and over out of fear that I didn't do it right the first time. I grew up a christian, with a christian lifestyle, christian morals, and christian habits. I went to church and was always involved. But up until about 3 years ago, my christian walk was simply not as vivid as it could have been. I loved Jesus and I knew that He was my Savior. But man, I had no idea who He really was. I thought that since I "loved" Him, that I automatically would get to heaven, and that I was safe. But I had no idea that a life lived for Jesus could be as exciting as it seems to me now.

Three years ago, I came out to do a Discipleship Training School here in Kona, HI. The night that I arrived, I was prayed for by one of my staff of the school. The Lord then began to speak to me, asking, "How deep will you let me go?"

All I remember is crying out, "Deep, Jesus, go so deep!"

That night, I had a dream. In this dream, I was standing on the side walk with chains around my feet. Next to me were stores called "Rejection", "Self Hatred", and "Depression". I remember being happy, and not even really realizing that I was trapped. I saw Jesus in the sky looking at me saying, "Daniel, come join me!" I remember looking at Him and saying, "That is okay, Jesus, I can see you from down here!" He then replied to me saying, "Daniel, I have so much more for you, come here!" And then I looked at my feet, realizing I was trapped. I looked back up and said, "Jesus, I can't. I am stuck." Instantly, He looked at me and my chains snapped off! I then began flying up towards Jesus, feeling so exhilarated.

I woke up from this dream crying, running to the shower and turning it on so none of my roommates could hear me. I had realized that my whole life, I could look at Jesus and see who He was, but I was never walking with Him.

Now, 3 years later, I have dedicated my life to walking with Jesus, loving Him as He loves me and as we love His children. I am a missionary, spreading Jesus' love through relationship and the power of Jesus. It is the best thing I could ever imagine of doing. And I am still finding out today that there is still so much more to Jesus than I will ever know, and that is the journey I am on!

The Awaken DTS starts this thursday. We have 50+ students coming in, hungry for Jesus, and I have the absolute honor of ushering them into the place of knowing Jesus even more!

Thanks for all your prayers and support for everything I have been doing! I am so excited to start this next season and I need people to share in this amazing opportunity! Although you may not be out here in Kona, you can be apart of these student's life and transformation simply by prayer and partnering with me and my wife! As you do, you will reap the rewards of heaven, as Jesus says in scripture!

If you want to know the best ways to partner with me on this amazing journey, you can first and foremost pray for:
1. Strength and wisdom as I lead these students effectively into knowing Jesus more!

2. Transportation! I now live off campus (involuntary) and need a way to get from home to base every day! So I definitely need some form of transportation!

3. Financial support! I know this is always a killer, but I promise that as you sow into me, we are able to sow into these students, meaning that your partnership is making a difference and raising up missionaries for Jesus!

I am still in need of $1,000 of monthly support! If you pray and feel led to help support me, that'd be a tremendous blessing! You can email me at the.daniel.york@gmail.com for any questions and how to support in a way to get a tax write off! Otherwise, you can always mail checks to the address below or just click the PayPal link below. If the link doesn't work, you can always make a donation to my email address through PayPal.com!

Thanks again for everything! I cannot wait to tell you more! And next week, I will let you know where I am leading an outreach team! Woohoo!

-Daniel
--York

75-5851 Kuakini Hwy. #104
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740




No comments:

Post a Comment