Pages

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Reaching Out

"For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of him who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to corruption and obtain the freedom of the glory of the children of God." -Romans 8:20-21

This verse perfectly describes my desire for revival in Amsterdam/Germany, which is where I found out I am going on outreach as of today! God amazed me with a vision for this place. I pictured Europe, primarily Amsterdam, in a big globe, sort of like a snow globe. After seeing this, Europe looked like a dark place. All of the sudden a hole came through it and shone this bright light. This light resembled the hope of Jesus. I then couldn't wait to see the look on their faces when they realize there is true hope when originally they are so drowned by the culture and materialism represented there.

The plan is to primarily be out in Amsterdam, but then move on up to Berlin, Prague, some places I haven't heard of yet, possibly Switzerland, then back to Amsterdam. It will be a fulfilling time, I just know it. I have about 9 people in my outreach with 2 leaders as well. I cannot wait to see how the Lord will move. If you guys would continue to pray that finances work out and that all the detail of the trip will come together, that would be so awesome. There is a lot of preparation involved even now for the trip, but I know it will all work out according to the will of God.

The outreach will be $4,000-6,000. I have no doubt that this money will come in, but it is all by the grace of God that this will happen. I know it is where I am supposed to be, so either way, I am excited for this trip more than you even know!

Aside from outreach information, God is doing more amazing things this week. Yesterday, I saw a girl get out of her wheelchair by God's healing! It was amazing. She was helped by two other people, but she walked more than she has before, and the excitement on her face was worth it all! Also, her mom's ears had problems, and they were healed on the spot from partial deafness. It is absolutely amazing to see. Everyday, our class goes to the prayer room from 1-3. It is 2 straight hours of worship and prayer. Yesterday, a man named Joe, one of the most amazingly awesome dudes out here, came up to me and said, "I know this may seem weird, but I need you to interpret this for me." So he began to speak in another language. As I was hearing this, I began to freak out, not knowing at all what he was saying. So I began to pray, and God spoke to me words to tell directly to Joe, whether it be the interpretation or not. After basically speaking over him that he has the joy of Christ, he jumped up and down, laughing and crying! It was one of the most amazing experiences I have had! God is faithful!

God is speaking revelation out here. He is faithful, even when we aren't. He is bigger than anything we have experienced. We just need to rest in him, and He will give us revelation over out lives. Yesterday as well, I remember falling over, being hit with the sense of peace from God. It was the most peaceful feeling I have ever had. I think God was saying to me that he wanted me to rest in Him, and not get so caught up on asking him for so many things. God will bring these things when we have an intimate posture of rest with Him.

I am so excited for what God is doing and will continue to do. Thank you guys so much for your prayers and support. I can't wait to tell you even more about what is going on out here! I love you guys. God bless

-Daniel York

6 comments:

  1. Reading this brought me tears of joy.
    I am so amazed by the things God is doing not only through you but through others on your trip. You are a light and when you get to Amsterdam, I have no doubt that God is going to use you in ways unimaginable.
    I'm praying for you!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daniel that's so awesome!
    I'm so excited for you and your team!!! :)
    How cool that both you and Elizabeth will be working in Amsterdam!!
    I'm praying for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goose bumps and tears in my eyes. God is so amzing. To God be the glory!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Daniel!!! God is so Good and I am so stoked for you man!!! I am praying for you and thanks for the update!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't even... Daniel, that is amazing. Wow. Such a reminder of the joy and blessings that the Lord has for us when we wait for Him. Thanks so much for sharing. It's so great to hear the ways that the Lord is so moving in not only you're life, but the lives of those around you too. Praying for you! God Bless you Daniel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want a detailed, epic post about your battle with the bee that stung you...go ahead...

    ReplyDelete