Pages

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Fish Sticks and Carrots

I find myself being consciously aware of the times we are in and how our generation is going to experience such a drastic move of God that we can't even fathom. The Lord is raising up an army; He is awakening people that will go out in His name and on top of the foundation of His love that will be willing to sacrifice everything we have in order to see the light of Christ come into play. This week here at DTS, a man named Mark Anderson spoke. Mark created the Impact World Tour and has pioneered the Call 2 All vision here at YWAM. He spoke this week, preparing most of us who are going to outreach soon. His teachings contained such truth and revelation into things that Followers should already know. He spoke that we have the mindsets of Christ. Jesus gave us the Holy Spirit so we can do the same things He did and even greater. The gifts of the Spirit are available to us so we can use them, even beyond the maturity of ourselves! He also mentioned that we are all ministers according to the bible. Everything Jesus walked in is given to us...it is a promise. So why not step out in that power and understanding rather than ask for it because we already have it? Every promise of God is a key. God gives us these keys, which resemble responsibility. If we don't unlock the promises of God, they won't be ours. We have the entire kingdom of heaven, but we don't realize it and don't believe it. We need to start acting out loud in light of the promises of God!

Quick story. On Tuesday night, I went out downtown with a man named Ben from my school, and two guys named Connor and Rex from another school. We went out to go witness. I had a dream about this before that I would go out with such boldness and no fear of man. Well this time, that dream was fulfilled. It was an amazing night of witnessing. People were so open. We ran into one man with crutches, completely drunk. His name was MAd Mike. LONG story short, we prayed for healing over him, and he was healed! He could then walk. We began to talk with him as he flew the f-bomb around every other word. He began to recognize a deeper love inside of us and mentioned his girlfriend broke up with him. We began to witness and proclaim the love of God over his life. He began to weep questioning if it was real or not. A random guy even came out of no where to say that what we were saying was true. I said, "That is 5 people proclaiming the same love of God over your life. The Lord is after your life Mad Mike." He began to weep and he surrendered his life to the Lord. We then baptized him in the Holy Spirit and believe that he is now part of the kingdom of God. The Lord is so good!

As most of you know, I am heading out for my outreach in 10 days (April 1st). I am SO excited, knowing the Lord is going to move immensely during this time. My team continues to amaze me, and I look forward to spending the next 3 months with them. All of us need a significant amount of money in. I still need around $1,500. If you guys could please pray for a release of finances over this trip, that would be amazing. If you can help at all, please let me know. You can email me at the.daniel.york@gmail.com, or you can facebook message me too. Also, at the top of my blog near the tab "home", there is a tab that says "Help Donate". Click on that to donate through PayPal! Thanks so much! Love you all!

-Daniel
--York

4 comments:

  1. Dude, wicked awesome story! God really is so good! You've gotta be so stoked for outreach, sounds like it's gonna ba bomb! Prayin' for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing!!!! I'm speachless. God is good, to Him be the glory!

    I like the part about the gifts God has given us, such amazing, precious gifts...it's awesomev:) praying for you daniel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa!!! I love the story about MAD mike!! How cool that that random guy showed up too--everything worked out so perfectly!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This story gave me chills. God is truly amazing.
    I've been delving into Philippians and this just reminded me of this verse i had highlighted "Because of my chains, most of the brothers in the Lord have been encouraged to speak the word of God more courageously and fearlessly."
    Phil. 1:14

    I continue to thank God for what he is doing with you and your team right now.
    I pray for continual growth and restoration.
    I'm so proud of you for taking such a risk for the Lord.
    God Bless!


    P.s. I am missing you. We need to talk soon! :)

    ReplyDelete