Pages

Saturday, March 13, 2010

It's Too Good Not To Be True

"It's not about your ability, it is about your willingness."

David Damien, a prophet and our speaker for this week, has probably been one of our most deep speakers. His heart for this generation to really wake up and get over ourselves so we can move in the spirit for the kingdom of heaven to come down is outstanding. He explained the importance of trusting the Lord. It's funny to really think about this and understand that trusting the Lord is a lot harder than we think. We have to fully surrender to the Holy Spirit and step out on fear of God, not fear of man.

David even mentioned, "The world knows how to surrender to demonic spirits better than the church knows how to surrender to the Holy Spirit". He wasn't trying to come down on us, just show us the importance of fully surrendering to the Lord more than we have realized. We don't make our own will in light of Christ, we surrender to His will. Let us die to the expectations of ourselves and let us go through death everyday to find life in Christ everyday and the will He has for us. Trusting in God is willing to die obeying Him rather than live disobeying Him.

David Damien also expressed that the history of the bible is unfolding before us even today. We are living in bible times. My brother and some other YWAM friends have taken the idea that we are the 29th Chapter in Acts. Either way, the bible is being unveiled before us today and we are living in those times. It is crazy to think about!

It has also been an exciting week because the cafe that I work at here got a new espresso machine! I know...you are so excited too! The guy training us on it, Guy, is a pastor back in Indiana, but he does cafe ministries and has entered into espresso making contests and he even roasts his own espresso. He is pretty cool. I also found out that he is going to Newcastle, Northern Ireland to start a church and cafe ministry. So, I can't wait to talk with him more about that and see what goes down!

It is also crazy to think that it is only 18 days away until I head out to Amsterdam/Germany. It has been so fun preparing and hanging out with my team as a family. I know God is going to do some crazy things in these places that we are going to. If you guys could continue to pray for me as I get ready to head out, that would be so amazing. And if you guys do feel led to help me financially, that would be wonderful too. I still need around $1,500. Please let me know. You can email me, facebook me, or even text me while I am out here in Kona. Thanks so much guys!

-Daniel
--York

1 comment:

  1. This made me cry...So what God has been telling me, but he used your words to get to me!

    Daniel!!! I leave in 18 days too!! So exciting! :D

    ReplyDelete