Pages

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Justice League Heroes

Things that seem so unfair,
where darkness seems so thick,
the light is all the more evident.

Our school had the privilege this week to hear from Paul and Susi Childers, the leaders here of the PhotogenX school. This couple has been outstanding in sharing their heart for justice. Paul spoke the first day on the biblical framework of justice and had our whole class read through the book of Amos. The book of Amos is Powerful. It is crazy to read about God's wrath on a nation due to rebellion and sin, and then to look at the way our world is now and to understand that we are so much more in depth in the things that hinder our relationship with God. When we look at social justice issues and try to wrap our minds around sex trafficking, abortion, slavery, etc., that should stir something in us to want to see justice be poured out over the nations.

"Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains, your justice like the great deep. O LORD, you preserve both man and beast." -Psalm 36:6

God is using His children to carry out His justice. When we look at what is happening on and off the screen of this world, our hearts should jump at the opportunity to do something about it. Susi Childers than spoke out on being
the voice to the voiceless.
We need to sometimes look into the eyes of those who suffer, or else we just won't understand. To be the voice to the voiceless, we need to take someone's position and speak on behalf of them with no voice. God will give you the grace to walk where He tells you, but it is our decision to walk it out. Susi spoke on some really tough issues, but shared the light of being the voice for these people who have no voice.
What one generation allows,
the other generation embraces.

Our school had another 24 hour prayer/fast this last friday night until saturday night. It was a lot different as opposed to our other one a few weeks ago, but it was so awesome! I was able to help lead a set with a couple people saturday, and it was so much fun! The Holy Spirit was there and we had grace to help carry out a good set. So that was a blessing.

This thursday I am heading out for my outreach. It is going to be so hard saying goodbye to all the people that have been apart of this growing experience with me. God has really blessed me with amazing people to surround me and edify me in the hard and good times. But I am excited for all of them and their outreaches as well.

I just want to thank each and every one of you that has help support me along the way. Your prayers have been so effective. Thank you guys. I am blessed by all that you guys have done. Only 3 more months of DTS left. I am praying for you guys and can't wait to hear what the Lord is doing out there. If you guys could continue to pray for me and my team as we step into the next thing that God has for us, that would be awesome!

Here I am Lord,
send me.
Thanks Guys!
-Daniel
--York

3 comments:

  1. Daniel, wow your blog is amazing! Love the poetry, but also how clearly you distill a week's teaching into a few paragraphs. So glad that we met. You are an intriguing man to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement, Daniel! I wish I could have heard that message...sounds powerful. I'll be praying for you on your outreach

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a necessary message. It's awesome to think about the ways the Lord really seems to be transforming and shaping you in so many different ways! I'm glad you've had time to keep updating this, it's really an encouragement! Praying for you and the team.

    ReplyDelete