Pages

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Imaginary Enemy

Well, this is the last week in the mysterious, yet beautiful city of Amsterdam. It has been quite the time here I must say. So much has already happened, and we still have one more week, then we are off to Berlin, Germany! Last thursday, our team went down to the Red Light District to do some ministry. We ended up playing some worship music, believing the Holy Spirit would guide us to talk to/do whatever He wanted us to do. A few minutes in to worship, I saw a man standing by the side of the bridge, tapping his foot to the tune of the music being played. I felt immediately led to go and talk to him. So I did.
His name was Xing Yi. He was from China, now going to the University of Amsterdam. He was extremely friendly, and very open to his beliefs, which primarily included himself. I asked him what he believed, and he said he believed in himself.

Side Note: I love when people say they believe in them self, because that means that there is a curiosity of some higher power, whether they realize it or not. When you believe in yourself, you begin to understand your failures, meaning you begin to realize the fault of believing in yourself rather than a God. The other nice thing is that my God is a relational God, who has given me my passions. Everything Xing Yi loved to do (photography, helping others, and traveling), the Lord has placed in His heart. The God I believe is for me and the passions of my heart. This means that I can do everything I love, but with the Lord, it just gives it more meaning.
I began to tell this to Xing Yi, and after and hour and a half of conversation, he accepted the Lord as his Savior. It was an awesome experience. So if you would, please pray with me that the Lord continues to reveal Himself to Xing Yi!
Aside from that, a lot of awesome things have happened this week. Some real awesome worship times and prayer times. I continue to believe that the Lord is doing a far greater work here than we can imagine. Just two days ago, we just simply led a worship set on the bridge in the middle of the Red Light District. It was so powerful. The Lord really showed up and worked on a lot of individuals hearts. Another person even came to Christ! God is good. I love this city more and more everyday, but I am excited to move on and see what else the Lord has for my team on this outreach.
Thanks guys so much for all your prayers and support along the way. I seriously am so grateful that I am here and get to do this with an amazing team! Please do continue to pray for our team. Pray for strength among us all and that we will have endurance! I will continue to update you guys as often as possible. A lot is going on and it is hard to explain it all in this one blog. But I can't wait to tell everything else to you guys too!

You guys rock...

Much Love

-Daniel
--York

5 comments:

  1. DANIEL!
    Praise GOD! That is soooo so so awesome! Sounds like GOD is really using all of you guys. That is so great! Keep on truckin' and know that we're all praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice layout... :)

    Bro, I am so encouraged by what you shared, I will be praying for our new brother... The Father is faithful to finish the work He started.

    SWEET!

    love you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang... Daniel ir's so encouraging to hear your boldness for the Lord! It's just such a continuance of the ways the Lord has used you in everything you've shared so far. I will definitely continue to pray for you and your team, as well as Xing Yi! Keep it up man :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. GOD IS GOOD! Super excited for you! Praying often. It's so encouraging to hear what God is doing through you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glory to God! I am so excited to be praying for and one day meeting my new brother in Christ; Xing Yi!!!!

    Great rejoicing and celebrating in Heaven!!!!!

    ReplyDelete