Pages

Friday, August 13, 2010

Wedding Dress


I stood there, silently, yet rupturing with excitement as I stared at my brother and his fiance becoming husband and wife. Her eyes seemed to have been watered down with love as she stared back into the fullness of the love in his eyes. The lighting was just right; it struck the water and glistened back upon the silk of the wedding dress and the dressy vest. As the vows were read aloud and the commitments were made, I was struck with such revelation of the bride of Christ as I witnessed two becoming one.
Jesus is forever faithful. The engagement is the journey of learning more of Christ Himself; to fall more in love with Him; to be struck with the revelation of how much He loves us. The wedding is His return. Not a presentation, but a glorious uniting. Jesus is forever faithful...and He is coming for His bride out of His immeasurable love.

Weddings are beautiful, Colorado is beautiful, and my family is beautiful. This past week, I had the awesome opportunity of coming home for this short week to be the Best Man in my brother David's wedding. It has been an awesome time understanding the freedom and love of the Lord over my life. Jesus is forever faithful. I am blessed, and I feel like I will never truly understand how blessed I am. Jesus is coming, and I am blessed to know that I am His and He is mine.

-Daniel
--York

2 comments:

  1. Daniel, this was absolutely beautiful. Goodness, you made me cry, lol.
    Thank you for the reminder that we have an intimate, immeasurable, immaculate romance with Christ here on earth. We are His bride. Ah, it blows me away! This spoke straight to my heart from the Father. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete