Pages

Saturday, August 28, 2010

The Journey


The journey is far more significant than we think. It is apprehensible to desire the destination, but that only makes the journey lofty and wearisome...and what fun is that?
The Lord is faithful [trust to one's word, promises, or vows; steady in allegiance or affection; loyal; constant]. When the Lord says He will do something, He is faithful to do it. The scriptures say that we are sealed with the promised Holy Spirit (Eph. 1:13), meaning we are sealed with the Lord inside of us that we may perform signs and wonders and that we may be a light into the darkness.

Aside from mere talk, this has become apart of my life unerringly. This past week, my team and I were dropped off on the other side of the island (Hilo) with no personal money, no cell phones, no music...just the company of each other, a place to stay, and a list of ridiculous tasks to complete each day. It was called a Faith Journey. We were to rely on each other, but most importantly the Lord for these tasks to come to completion. These tasks were unheard of and had to have the help of the Holy Spirit. Stuff like healings, both physical and emotional, getting on a radio station, street preaching, etc.

We saw the Lord break out in radical ways. Personally, there was more understanding of the Lord's faithfulness and an igniting of boldness in my life, and yet, I feel like I will never fully grasp how faithful He truly is!

But I guess that is part of the journey.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing, amazing, amazing. I'm so proud of you! And I'm so thankful God continues to use both you and your team in such incredible ways. May God keep blessing all of you. :)

    ReplyDelete