Pages

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Loaves of Bread


Matthew 4:1-11 explains the story of the temptation of Jesus Christ. As I have been on outreach, the Lord has been revealing so much of His character in these verses. Verses 8-10 say,
"Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory. And he said to him, 'All these I will give you, if you will fall down and worship me.' Then Jesus said to him, 'Be gone, Satan! For it is written, 'You shall worship the Lord your God and Him only shall you serve.'"
The thing that amazes me is the Jesus Christ was a man, in His flesh, when satan took him into the wilderness and tempted Him. I have read this passage so many times, never really understanding how Jesus was truly tempted because He is, well, Jesus Christ. But as a man, satan took Him and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world in ALL their GLORY! All Jesus had was the promise of His Father that His inheritance is the kingdom of heaven and that it would be given to Him when He would die upon the cross. Satan basically said to Jesus that the same promise from His Father would be given to Him instantaneously if He would just bow before Satan. But Jesus knew of the promise of His Father, and held on to it.
Who is this man that came to earth and died upon His cross? Who gave up the kingdoms and their glory in an instant just to fulfill the promise of His Father? Oh Lord, you are so faithful!

I have been getting wrecked by that revelation quite a bit recently, and wanted to share a few of my thoughts on that. But now on to the practical side, I am in Washington DC at the moment, and it has been crazy. My birthday was on November 3rd, and on the 2nd, we held a Life Siege outside of the Supreme Courthouse all day to contend for pro-life senates on the day of election. I was out there from 9:00-10:30 in the morning and then again at 10:30-12:00 midnight. I ended my 19th year of life outside of the courthouse contending for the ending of abortion. It was such a ridiculously awesome experience!
We are here for a few more days and we believe the Lord is really placing inside each of our hearts His heart for intercession. We want His heart and nothing else!

Please continue to pray for our team and the unity in general. Also, a lot of us still need financial breakthrough. We leave for Israel in a week and a half! I am SO excited! Please continue to pray that each of us will receive the money to be able to make this possible! Thank you guys so much for you prayers! If you do feel led to help support me, click the "East Coast/Israel" link above on how to do so. I still need around $800.00 and that is it!
Thanks so much for all your prayers and support thus far!
God bless.

-Daniel
--York

No comments:

Post a Comment