Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

Hear, O' Israel


"So I ask, did they stumble in order that they might fall? By no means! Rather through their trespass salvation has come to the Gentiles, so as to make Israel jealous." -Romans 11:11

What a humbling thing to know that the Jewish People are the Lord's chosen ones; that the hardening of their hearts was so that we (Gentiles) could be grafted in to understand and be saved by the Lord's love all to make the Israelites jealous.

Oh Lord, Your mercy is amazing.

Our team has arrived in Israel safely and it has been such a humbling experience so far. We are now in Jerusalem and had the opportunity to go to the Old City Jerusalem to see the wailing wall. I watched as hundreds of Jews kissed the wall, placing their hands along the worn down smooth stone, and begin to cry out to the Lord. They all were moved by the Lord, believing their prayers were being heard. I watched, feeling so confused as to what was going on. The presence of the Lord was so thick, but did anyone even know that His presence was truly resting among them? How can the Jewish People be so devout to the Lord God, but not understand Jesus as their savior? They are so much more devoted than some of us will ever be, yet, they do not experience the fullness. It broke my heart.
I began to ask the Lord what I could even do to affect His people. "Lord, what can I do? How do I touch your chosen ones?"
I felt like the Lord said, "Oh, that you would love them..."
They really will know us by our love. It is the only thing we can do...to show them love and mercy just as Jesus has shown us His love and mercy by grafting us in. We can only love His chosen ones so that they may know Jesus.
Lord...open their eyes that they may see!

Thank you guys for your prayers. The Lord has been so good and faithful to us. If you could though, please be praying. I have been having some difficulties come up with plane tickets back home. I still need around $200+ or so to switch my ticket, but there are no tickets available at the moment! So please be praying the Lord makes a way where there is none! And if you feel led to help support me, that would be a tremendous blessing. Just click the "East Coast/Israel" tab above to find out how!
Thanks.

-Daniel
--York

No comments:

Post a Comment