Pages

Sunday, August 7, 2011

The Dumbfounded Princess Always Seeks the King


"I glorified you on earth, having accomplished the work the you gave me to do. And now, Father, glorify me in your own presence with the glory that I had with you before the world existed." -John 17:4 (Jesus to His Father)

What would it look like to fully yearn and seek the fullness of the glory of the Lord in this generation? If we were truly captivated and fascinated by the glory of the Lord, we would never find ourselves fully satisfied, yet we would just be longing for the fullness and seeking it constantly. It would be a never ending cycle of being fascinated with our King while constantly pursuing Him in the journey of life. 

Jesus obviously was glorified in His years of ministry on earth. He was glorious and magnificent in human nature. Yet, Jesus still yearned and sought out the fullness of the gory of His Father that He had before the foundations of the world. Jesus notably carried the delight and glory of His Father, yet He still longed for the fullness. Why should we stop at any given moment and label ourselves "satisfied"? In all honesty, as believers, we need to imitate Jesus. And if Jesus wasn't even fully satisfied with the glory of His Father and He was constantly wanting more, then we should never be satisfied and should be always wanting more; that is, if we believe in the power of Jesus!

This is the last week of Circuit Riders. I can't even believe that this time has already come and gone. With that said, I am about to embark on the dreams of my heart in taking a team out to Ireland. The awesome thing is, the Lord has to provide around $4,000 for this to even be possible by the end of this week. It was God's vision before it was ever mine, so I know He will be faithful. If you could, please pray for me and my team! If you do feel led to help support me, that would be such a tremendous blessing. You can click the "Circuit Riders" link above to find out how!

Thanks again!

-Daniel
--York

No comments:

Post a Comment