Pages

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Departing pt. 2

As I sit on my bed, looking out into the Hawaiian ocean, I am beginning to feel the anticipation of leaving for my outreach. Yet, it is such a bittersweet moment. I find myself longing to go with this excitement that I can't explain, but at the same time, I am going to miss this Kona base. I am going to miss it because it really does explain such a new beginning in my life. Everything I have learned here in the past 3 months has changed me forever. I will never be the same, how could I be? So now it is time to take the next step and head out to where learning will now fall second to applying everything I have gained in knowledge these past few months. I am freaking out, but in a good way. I am physically ready, but not mentally...although I know I will be when I get there.
My team, again, is absolutely outstanding. I am looking forward to running with them these next few months as the new chapter in my life begins.

Greg Palios, one of my outreach leaders, is the man. He is such an awesome leader and a child at heart. I love his attitude and compassion for his team and where we are going.

Lindsey Brace, my other outreach leader, has the most joy out of anyone I know. She is absolutely amazing to hang around and is such an amazing leader.

Lauren Tilney has such a radical heart. She cares so much and carries such creativity with her. She is so much fun to just be around.

Jackie Almond is radical. She is super creative and expresses her joy in such unique ways, which is awesome. We are planning on hackey-sacking a lot while in Europe.

Gena Kajfas is such a genuine person. She has such a big heart that just continues to grow. It will be awesome to hang with her and see her giftings be expressed.

Kirsten Nelson is authentic and expressive. She is joyous and hilarious to be around. She is very genuine too, and carries a lot of creativity as well.

Isaac Gill is one of the funniest, yet most genuinely creative people I have met. His heart to know the Lord is so contagious and he blows my mind everytime I hang with him.

Grace Kim has yet to disappoint me. I enjoy hanging around her so much because she carries such a contagious attitude of fun and desire to know the Lord.

Kandi Holt is so encouraging. She is so talented and is very expressive with the joy and generosity that she has.

Joel and Chrystal Mattila, as well as their 3 kids, are so awesome. They are such a loving family. Chrystal is so authentic while Joel is a fearless lover of the Lord. Their kids are going to be so much fun to hang around on the trip for so many different reasons.
That is a taste of who is on my outreach for all who care. I cannot thank you guys enough for your prayers and support. God is faithful to the end. Keep me updated on things happening with you guys. I will have limited internet time, but I will update as much as possible! You guys rock my socks off! Thanks again and please continue to pray! I love you guys!

Here I Go!

-Daniel
--York

1 comment:

  1. we are so both in europe. awesomeee!I'll be praying for you! Pray for me if you think about it. I am very alone here in Spain. I am longing for a body to be apart of. God bless!

    ReplyDelete