Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2010

A City

It has been a while since I have updated you, but here I am, updating you at last! As most of you know, I am in Amsterdam now with my outreach team. We are in our third week here and so much has already taken place. Amsterdam is beautiful city. I have fallen in love with it, but it isn't just any love for a city, the love that I feel particularly for this city is very broken and impressible. Jenneka, one of the leaders here at the De Poort (the YWAM base in Amsterdam), the first week expressed the spiritual atmospheres here that cover the city of Amsterdam. For example, there is a spirit of depression, rejection, isolation, business, and immorality. At first, our team most definitely experienced these spirits in a few different ways.
Personally, the first two weeks of this outreach have been extremely hard. I guess I just found out that I was more sensitive to certain spiritual atmospheres than I thought. I found myself feeling depressed, more so than I have ever felt before. I found myself wanting to be alone, away from my team, which is not like me. I found myself feeling rejected, although there really wasn't any rejection from my team or even people met aside from my team.
Today, looking back at these past 2 weeks, I feel joyous in knowing that I have complete authority to walk in the opposite spirits of what are here. I believe it was Satan coming against us even more because we are becoming more of a threat to him. We as a team have seen such breakthrough over this city, declaring its original design and breaking off spiritual strongholds in Jesus' name. We have already seen a drastic move of God in this city, and we are all believing with all our hearts that revival is taking its place here in Amsterdam and Europe in general.

God Loves This City.

And He loves me, which is why I was able to take this joyous perspective and walk in the opposite spirit of what is here. If you will, pray with us in declaring the original design over Amsterdam. Breakthrough is here. We are the hope of God and His kingdom coming to earth.

Thanks guys. Love and miss you all!

-Daniel
--York

4 comments:

  1. Daniel! This is powerful! To KNOW the authority we have and to use it. I love that wherever we are, the battle is the Lord's as we step out in Authority. Thanks for sharing and for giving Glory to God Who loves us more than we can fathom. Miss you so much Daniel! Can't wait to hear more and to see you soon! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey dude.
    i totally know what you mean. A-dam is crazy like that, but I am glad that you are confident of the authority you have. I spend most of the time I was there trying to figure out what the heck was going on and can resonate with your initial feelings about that place. I am so excited for you and proud of you, dude! love ya
    John
    my little blog post about an experience there:
    http://blog.johnvicory.com/2008/04/with-love-and-flowers/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing... Our God is powerful. His Authority in us is so honoring to Him. Isn't it great to feel our purpose lived out? I'm praying for you often!

    ReplyDelete